Personal Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out how we, Transcendent Business Services Pte. Ltd. and our related corporations (“TBS Group”) comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore and regulations made thereunder, as may be supplemented and amended from time to time (“PDPA”).
Please read this Policy carefully as we want you to understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/or retain Personal Data (as defined in paragraph 1 below). This Policy sets out:-
- Our policies on how we manage and/or process Personal Data;
- The types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/or retain;
- How we collect, use, disclose and/or retain Personal Data; and
- The purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/or retain Personal Data.
You agree and consent to us, the TBS Group, and our authorised service providers and third parties collecting, using and disclosing and/or retaining Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Policy.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any right that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use, disclosure and/or retention of your Personal Data.
We may update this Policy at any time and from time to time to ensure that this Policy is consistent with developments and trends in the industry in which we operate, and/or any regulatory changes. Should any revision(s) be made to this Personal Data Protection Policy, subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of this Policy shall apply.
This Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us, and any agreement or contractual arrangements between you and us (“Terms and Conditions”).
1. Personal Data
1.1 In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you or any individual from which you or any individual can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to:-
- Name, age, date of birth, nationality, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, marital status and any other information relating to you or such other individual which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Photos or video images;
- Employment status, employment history, education background, academic qualifications and income levels;
- Information in documents issued by educational institution, educational and /or professional qualification;
- Prior convictions and insolvency/ bankruptcy issues;
- Personal Data of your family members, such as next of kin, spouses, and children;
- Information relating to payments, such as bank account number or credit card information;
- Other information associated with a resume for job applications;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website
1.2 If you have added referees or any third party to your resume:-
- You warrant that such persons have consented to disclosure of their Personal Data in your resume, and that they consent to this information being provided as part of your job application and to employers contacting them to get references for your applications; and
- You consent to your referees or any third party, disclosing your Personal Data to us in connection therewith.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we may collect Personal Data through one or more of the following ways:
- When you sign up for or engage our services on our public site (www.tbs.com.sg);
- When you access our websites or perform an online transaction;
- When you interact with any of our employees;
- When you submit a job application to or through us;
- When you apply to become our employee or contract staff;
- When you become our employee or is engaged or assigned as a contract staff;
- When you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list(s);
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you respond to our initiatives or promotions; and
- When you submit Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2.2 If you browse our website, please see section 6 below on cookies.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- To verify your personal particulars;
- To assess your suitability for employment with us or other organisations or persons;
- To provide you with our employment or employment consultancy services;
- To contact you;
- To verify your academic and professional qualification and working experience;
- To assist you with your enquiries;
- To process any payment;
- To resolve complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- To conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- To keep you updated on our events; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Marketing Purposes
4.1 From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), facsimile or social media platforms, to inform you about job openings and/or candidates, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
4.2 Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service-related notices.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
5.1 We may disclose Personal Data to one or more of the following group of external organisation for purposes mentioned above, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
- If you are seeking employment, to any person or entity that has engaged us to seek candidates for employment, assignment or outsourcing, whether in or outside Singapore;
- Any branch or another related corporation of TBS Group and their respective officers whether situated in or outside Singapore;
- Hospitals, clinics or insurance companies
- Agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, including telecommunications, mailing, information technology, payment, payroll, data processing, training, market research, carding, storage and archival, to the TBS Group;
- External banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisers including our lawyers and auditors;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority; and
- Any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
6.1 We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as the number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
6.2 We may make use of “cookies” to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s). Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
6.3 Such Aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
6.4 Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s).
7. Third-Party Sites
7.1 Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of the TBS Group. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s).
7.2 We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) by checking the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Protection of your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal, or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
Any transmission over the Internet is not absolutely secure.
9. Accuracy of your Personal Data
9.1 We take all reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date.
9.2 You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer (contact details are as set out in paragraph 12 below).
10. Withdrawal of Consent
10.1 If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of the Personal Data as set out in this Policy, you may contact our Personal Data Protection Officer (contact details are as set out in paragraph 12 below).
10.2 Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of the Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to employ or engage you (if you are our employee or contract staff) or provide services to you (if you are a customer or client).
10.3 Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of employment or services that you may have with us.
11. Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may request access to or make corrections to the Personal Data records, but we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request. You may submit your request to our Personal Data Protection Officer (contact details are as set out in paragraph 12 below). We may impose such conditions as necessary to ensure the security of the Personal Data of other persons or entities held by us.
12. Contacting Us
If you have any questions, request complaints relating to the use or disclosure of the Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact:-
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that for any resumes or job applications sent to this mailbox will NOT be attended as this mailbox is solely for purposes of personal data protection related feedback. For submission of resumes or job applications, please send to us at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.tbs.com.sg for more details.